Barbara Jo Fidler, Ph.D., C.Psych., Acc.FM., FDRP PC
Guest Speaker - Lawyer
This training is geared to mental health professionals, mediators and lawyers and
expands on the knowledge and skills learned in the Foundations of Parenting
Coordination training. A single case is followed from intake to arbitration. Topics
- responding to initial queries & referral management
- intake, screening & conflict analysis
- informed consent & contracting
- consensus building phase: parent education, coparenting communication protocols, facilitation, negotiation, management skills & parenting plans for high conflict coparenting
- arbitration phase: process, procedures, determining costs & writing awards
- summary of relevant case law
- tricky issues and ethical dilemmas
The training is interactive and includes group discussion, role plays, demonstrations & a
mock arbitration. Participants will develop practice skills and expand their tool kits to
assist in their dispute resolution work with parents experiencing coparenting conflict and
other challenges in effectively implementing parenting plans post-separation.
PC Foundations training, or equivalent with permission.
Please visit http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca (section on information for
arbitrators) for information on legal requirements to conduct family arbitration in Ontario
and http://www.fdrio.ca for PC certification information.
SPACE IS LIMITED—REGISTER SOON TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE
Registration Fee: $850.00 + $110.50 (HST) = $960.50
(includes light breakfast at 8:30am & health break refreshments)
For more information and Registration click on Registration Form