5-Day Narrative Therapy Certificate: Actively Engage and Leave Empowered to Implement Change
Dates: August 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16, 2019
Bonnie Miller, MSW., RSW.
This training is suitable for:
Those interested in Narrative Therapy as a beginner, or who have taken Narrative workshops, but would like a refresher on how to apply it.
: This 5-day certificate program breaks down the theory of Narrative Therapy into skills that can be implemented immediately into your practice. After each session, participants will leave with a clear set of steps to incorporate this therapeutic model into practice. This workshop will utilize interactive conversations, small and large group exercises, live demonstrations, coached practices, and worksheet handouts. If you are new to practice, you will be introduced to a stimulating framework for doing inspired work in this field. If you are an experienced clinician, you will be invited to explore and adapt these ideas and practices to fit with what you already do best.
Spend a week with Bonnie Miller and learn how to:
- Make your therapeutic relationship even stronger and more collaborative
- Bring forward people's values, skills and hopes even in the midst of repetitious complaint and systemic constraints
- Manage multi-person, conflict-prone and mandated sessions in a way that increases alliance and motivation
- Use assessment and closing documentation to support change
- Embed support for change within people's existing communities and networks